Saturday 24 October 2015

Lethal Legacy by Irene Hannon (Review by Ashley Nikole)

Normally crime fiction and me aren't the best of friends. Simply because, more often than not the villains are major psychotic creep's who do things that make your insides churn...
Some people like that, but I'm not the type of person who gets an adrenaline rush from being sickly disturbed by the evil dudes-that-be. However, I do like myself a good suspense, cat & mouse type novel with law enforcement, so long as nothing gets super creepy and grotesque. This is not to say that this book is not without it's creepy moments. I mean, it is a crime fiction suspense book. There's nasty, grisly stuff that comes along with the criminal world & those who seek to enforce the law & keep others safe. It isn't as gruesome as some crime fiction I've read, but it isn't a tip-toe through the tulips. You've been forewarned ;)

I loved Lethal Legacy. The plot felt fresh and unexplored (unlike the ones that have seemingly been done over & over), and a good pace was kept throughout. 

I was drawn to the character's- they were unique & compelling.

The romance was steady throughout the storyline & real without tripping over into anything steamy. 

I loved the elements including the Taylor family's sibling dynamic- it made everything feel that much more real.  

I was on the edge of my seat until the end of the story. This is the sort of book that would make for a great crime/suspense movie. 

4 Stars, and would recommend this book for anyone 17+. 

No comments:

Post a Comment